Coup Attempt source : All Media
- Aye Zaw Win and his three sons, Aye Ne Win, Kyaw Ne Win, and Zwe Ne Win, were arrested on March 7 when they were discussing a conspiracy with a military commander at a restaurant.
- Ne Win's daughter Khin Sandar Win has been involved in the plot.It is too early to determine whether Ne Win himself is also getting involved.
- The coup was to have taken place on March 27, the Armed Force Day.
- had been betrayed by an unidentified former military commander.
- The four, suspected of being involved in the conspiracy, are
- Commander-in-Chief (Air) Major-General Myint Swe
- Triangle Region Commander Brigadier-General Chit Than
- Coastal Region Commander Major-General Aye Kyway
- Director-General of the Myanmar Police Force Major-General Soe Win
- 14 military officers from U Ne Win's residence security units - LIB [Light Infantry Battalion] 304, LIB 305, and LIB 352, implicated in the attempted coup were detained together with a brigadier general, a colonel, and a lieutenant colonel. DVB is trying to find out the names of those involved and has so far learned that they include Col Maung Thaw, Lt-Col Ko Ko Lay, and Maj Hla Naing.
- More than 20 other people have been detained for questioning.
- Authorities confiscated a gun, 15 unregistered motor vehicles, 59 communications sets, transmission cables, 27 rubber batons, two mine detectors, army uniforms, badges and berets that were to be used in the coup.
Black MagicSetkya Aung Pwint Khaung
- Ne Winís family astrologer
- The astrologer and black magic expert was appointed as a consultant and given a monthly salary of 300,000 kyat (around $500) as well as an Isuzu trooper, a cellular phone and a drum of gasoline
- The government also suggested that black magic was being employed. Also seized were three miniature statues of Than Shwe, Maung Aye and Khin Nyunt, a gilded sword used by kings and several other material apparently used in black magic.
THE DYNASTYNe Win (92)
- Born into a sino-burman family in a small town around 190 miles (305 km) northwest of Rangoon
- Ne Win, which means ''brilliant sun'' and was the nom de guerre adopted by Shu Maung
- seized power in a bloodless coup in 1962, retired in 1988.
- He was married six times, and officially has six children.
Dr Khin Sandar Win
- Ex-major , Ne Win's favourite daughter and a dominant figure in the family
- run a hotel, a jewelry business and a mobile phone business and more
- Ne Win's family, which was active in business in Myanmar, is seen as close to Khin Nyunt
Aye Zaw Win( 54)
- Ex-General Manager of "People Pearl & Fishery Coorperation"
Aye Nay Win (25)
- studied at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London and returned to Rangoon a few years ago
- was being groomed by Sandar Win to become Burmaís "future leader"
Kyaw Nay Win(23)
- He was once the leader of the Scorpions, frequently committed social crimes under the name of doing businesses and a large amount of non-business-related goods such as communication equipment, crime-making apparatus were seized on March 8 when a search operation was carried out at Kyaw Ne Win's office in the capital.
Zwe Nay Win(21)
REMARKS''There is no problem between them( the ruling three senior state leaders ) ... they both are working for the country in peace and harmony,''
Deputy intelligence chief
"This is very strange. We must wait and see how the junta punishes them. If it is a real story, they must face a death-penalty as similar case of Capt. Ohn Kyaw Myint"
Dr Tint Swe
An exiled MP
''People were so afraid of them(Grandsons of Ne Win), they didn't dare overtake their cars,''
One Rangoon resident
''It's too early to comment,''
NLD Secretary U Lwin
''People predict Khin Nyunt will have no power when Ne Win dies,''
Editor of Irrawaddy Magazine
"The junta took steps to prevent this conspiracy, which not only threatened military unity but also the peace and stability of the country."
Deputy intelligence chief